It is that time of the year again. The time where all you want to do is stay inside, cozy up with your loved ones and indulge in a bottomless pit of comfort foods and holiday junk. Sure, you may gain a few extra pounds in the process but I say to heck with it, stuff your face and enjoy!
Ever since I was a child one of my favourite seasonal treats has always been Shortbread Cookies! Baking up these bad boys have been a longtime tradition in my household, so this year I could not pass up the opportunity to continue it on my own. I found the perfect recipe on one of my favourite go-to websites for great recipes http://www.allrecipes.com. These Shortbread’s are named Tina’s Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are super easy to make, taste absolutely perfecto and just melt in your mouth! Make these for any Christmas/Holiday party and you and your guest will not be disappointed.
Original recipe makes 2 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll or scoop dough into walnut sized balls. Place them on unprepared cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from sheets to cool on racks.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
One thought on “Tis The Season For Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies!”
They look so amazing! I love the Hello Kitty one 🙂 ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.