Christmas in the land of smiles
Christmas is just around the corner and I cannot believe that this will be my first time being away from home during the holidays. I am definitely sad that I will not be with my friends and family this year but I must say that I did luck out! The school that I work at is Catholic, as a result they haven’t hesitated to get into the Christmas spirit. Within the last week decorations have sprung up all over, Christmas music has been playing and us teachers have been getting our students ready to perform in the annual Christmas concert held at the school (cannot wait to post pictures from that). Although I am literally thousands of kilometers away from home I suddenly don’t feel so far.
Merry and beautiful Christmas everyone ❤
Coconut Chocolate Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
Another seasonal favourite of mine is Peanut Butter Balls. Just like the peanut butter connoisseur I am, I could not pass up the opportunity to whip up a batch of these delectable homemade treats! This recipe is easy and perfect for the Christmas season. I found this recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com but decided to switch things up and add a little bit of coconut to each ball to give it a little more oomph!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- preferred amount of unsweetened coconut
Directions: MAKES: 72 servings
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- cover tops of candies with unsweetened coconut. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
Tis The Season For Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies!
It is that time of the year again. The time where all you want to do is stay inside, cozy up with your loved ones and indulge in a bottomless pit of comfort foods and holiday junk. Sure, you may gain a few extra pounds in the process but I say to heck with it, stuff your face and enjoy!
Ever since I was a child one of my favourite seasonal treats has always been Shortbread Cookies! Baking up these bad boys have been a longtime tradition in my household, so this year I could not pass up the opportunity to continue it on my own. I found the perfect recipe on one of my favourite go-to websites for great recipes http://www.allrecipes.com. These Shortbread’s are named Tina’s Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are super easy to make, taste absolutely perfecto and just melt in your mouth! Make these for any Christmas/Holiday party and you and your guest will not be disappointed.
Original recipe makes 2 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Roll or scoop dough into walnut sized balls. Place them on unprepared cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from sheets to cool on racks.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
You must be logged in to post a comment.